VPK/Preschool - Ft Myers & Bonita Springs
VPK stands for Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program. If you live in Florida, and your child turns four years old by September 1, then your child is eligible to participate in Florida’s free VPK education program.
At Growing Room, our VPK program runs from 9:00 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday at our Ft. Myers and Bonita Springs locations. We also offer a wrap-around program for parents who need childcare beyond the three VPK hours. Our wrap-around program offers breakfast, lunch, and two afternoon snacks for the children to enjoy.
Benefits of early education and the VPK program
- The most important growth and development in the brain happen by the age of five.
- A child’s ability to be attentive and follow directions emerges in the early years. Structured learning during these years fosters the development of these abilities for later success in school and life.
- VPK prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in high-quality preschool education programs develop better language skills, score higher in school-readiness tests, have better social skills, and experience fewer behavioral problems once they enter school.
- Children are better prepared for Kindergarten, especially in the areas of pre-reading, pre-math, and social skills.
- VPK promotes a love of learning in children and enhances what a child learns at home while instilling a life-long love of learning.
- There are no registration fees for those students enrolled in the VPK-only program.
- VPK places a strong emphasis on developing early language skills with a focus on literacy.
- Focuses on reading, writing, and social skills
- Prepares children to be ready for Kindergarten
Growing Room’s VPK and Preschool in Ft. Myers and Bonita Springs is FREE for all children who live in Florida and who turn four years old by September 1.